- 150 ml soy cream or aquafaba (chilled)
- ½ tsp vegan cream stabilizer or lucust bean gum powder
- 150-200g dark chocolate or raw cacao mass
- 400g silken tofu, at room temperature
- 100-150g dates, soaked and blended into a very fine paste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
Using a good quality chocolate is key to the taste of this mousse!
STEP 1: Whip the soy cream or chilled aquafaba and stabilizer until very firm. At the same time, melt the chocolate/ cocoa mass in a bain marie.
STEP 2: In a blender, blend all the other ingredients until smooth.
STEP 3: Add the blended tofu cream to the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly. Carefully fold the whipped cream/ aquafaba into the chocolate cream with a whisk.
STEP 4: Fill the mousse into a bowl or small glasses, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.
The key to a mousse is the fluffiness; however if you don’t have any whipped soy cream/ aquafaba you can just omit it in this recipe and make a cream rather than a mousse.